Sunday, March 7, 2010

End of the weekend

Good evening! It's been a pretty normal Sunday around here. I was disappointed that we didn't make it outside to play today (due to my laziness this morning in not getting out of bed) before the rain started. But I am thankful for the rain since the pile of snow in our front yard has shrunk considerably. If it rains again tomorrow, maybe it will be completely gone.

I had to run to Wal-Mart this evening as our diet soda level had reached crisis point. There was only one left and that would have caused a problem tomorrow. I went ahead and picked up more milk, a couple of snacks, and treats for the kiddos, so I should not really need anything the rest of the week. Hey, I can dream can't I? :)

We watched the movie 2012 this evening. It was completely ridiculous, but if you like that kind of thing, it's entertaining enough. We do sort of like the USA miniseries, disaster movie genre, so it was fine for us. The whole scene with the limo driving through downtown LA as the pavement bulged and crumbled underneath was a bit over the top. They could have least blown a tire or something, to acknowledge that they are aware that the car's axles and wheels could never have survived that. But it was fun to laugh about it. Be prepared to sit in front of your tv for a while if you're going to watch it: it's over two hours long. And once you get into it, it's kind of hard to stop watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment