Monday, August 31, 2009

I just don't want to forget...

We always pray as a family before meals, but sadly, Scott and Anna are less than enthusiastic about this. They always get their plates first, and I guess they just don't think they should have to wait to eat once they are served! But tonight, Anna especially was feeling extra gracious. About halfway through dinner she decided that she needed to pray again. So we all bowed our heads, and sat in silence, waiting. After a moment, I suggested to her that she pray since Daddy said a prayer earlier. It went like this...

"Thank you for dinner. Thank you for the nice weather. Thank you that we got to play school today. Thank you for letting us play in our rooms today. And for playing with playmobils. Amen."

I was actually quite impressed that my two-year-old could think of that many things to praise God for!!

1 comment:

  1. So Cute! I love listening to little ones pray. They speak from the heart and bring back to mind what is really important. The simple things (like playmobils) in life that we tend to take for granted and overlook.

    ReplyDelete