Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Scott did it!

After letting the issue rest for the afternoon, I began to ask a few questions this evening about Anna's hair cut. I asked her why she would cut her hair, not really expecting to get much of an answer. She responded first by telling me that the scissors cut her hair. I acknowledged that, yes, she did indeed use scissors. Then she said, very simply, "Scotty did it." I was a bit surprised, as this was the first time he had been mentioned in connection with the incident. So, knowing that she could be making this up, I turned to him and asked him if he did. He told me that he had, in fact, been the one to cut most of her hair! I was quite stunned, as it would not have occurred to me in a million years that he would have done this. She was the one with the scissors in her hand when I walked down on the scene after all. But, now that I think about it, there were some things that just didn't make sense that I was too upset to be concerned with at the time. Primarily, they had not been left alone for very long and that was a lot of hair for her to cut in that time. She can use the scissors, but not very efficiently. Also, most of her hair was piled up in the middle of the table, and not strewn about the floor around her. And of course, there is the fact that it was a mostly even cut, except for a couple of wisps in the back that were missed. Here I had been thinking all day that it was a good cut for a two-year-old, when apparently it was done by a six-year-old. He has been punished, but I do have to chuckle a bit now when I think about it. He told me, "I just wanted to see if she would like a hair cut." Chris and I, along with her aunt and Grandmas, are sad about the missing locks, but on Scott's behalf, I will say that Anna seems pleased with her new do.

No comments:

Post a Comment