Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Busy Week and Elizabeth's New Trick

We had a bit of a busy week last week. Thanks to Facebook, we were able to meet up with some old friends at a park for a play-date. This was a lot of fun and had me wishing I was part of a mom's group near here to have this chat-time while the kids were entertained (or at home with Dad---how nice would that be?!?). Also, I don't know why I'm not any better at keeping in touch with old friends--they're so much fun to talk with. There's really no excuse for my not being a better friend.


The children had a lot of fun at the park. I just haven't been to any park near here with quite as big of a playground. Anna really liked the "see-saw." I suppose it's good for the kids that they don't know what fun they're missing out on by not having real see-saws!

We spent a few days at the pool last week. It had only been opened for a week, but since it was so warm, the water was the perfect temperature.


Anna is going to be quite the waterbug, I think. She loved her time in the wading pool.



Elizabeth was not able to be in the water the first couple days, but she quite enjoyed "sun-bathing" and watching her brother and sister play.



Scott gets upset with us that we've been making him take showers at home instead of baths. He says he doesn't like the water spraying in his face. I think we can all see now that he may be exaggerating how much it bothers him!



And finally, Elizabeth has learned a new trick!! I'm taking one day a week to clean up each part of the house this, trying to eliminate choking hazards, as I'm sure it won't be too long before she won't be contained to her play-blanket!

We are really enjoying the summer weather. The heat was nice all weekend to get some pool time in; but this week will be cooler which will make it much more comfortable to finish up our front landscaping. We finally got mulch and edgers! And we are looking forward to a fun-filled 4th spent with family and hopefully a fun couple of days after that with my nephew. I hope you all have a safe and fun holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment