Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Day!

I hope all you Moms had a very nice day. I guess that dream day of lying in bed until noon when I finally roll out and stroll down to the beach to nap to the sound of waves crashing will have to wait another year...

Anyhow, there's been quite a bit going on here lately. We've had birthdays to celebrate in the family (my niece turned one and my nephew turned 3) and Mother's day of course. But the big news is that Chris is now working from home. Long story short, he's been employed by the office here in Indiana but doing work for the account in Ohio. Now he's just been officially transferred to the employ of the account in Ohio but not physically transferred. So....he's commuting every morning from bed to the distant, far-away office otherwise known as the corner of our bedroom.

With five days down, I think this is going well so far. I'm excited about the benefits, primarily saving on gas money and actually having him here as soon as the work day is over, instead of waiting on a commute. And seeing him at lunch and breaks. I think this will be good for the kids also. Even though in our modern family lives, responsibilities are pretty well shared between Mom & Dad, we still like to think of Dad as the head of the family. It's generally hard for the kids though to view Dad in that role when they only see him for a few hours each day. So, I am hopeful that even though we can't really be with Dad during the day, the children will feel his presence in the family all day long because they know he's there and we can have a family lunch as well as dinner. But, I'm sure there are still some adjustments we will be making as we try to establish the appropriate boundaries between workspace and homespace, and worktime and family time. So please pray for patience and peace in our family!

We had a fine Mother's day, and I am looking forward to a nice birthday tomorrow (or rather today!). Even though it wasn't the "dream", at the end of the day, it's all about Him...


and Her...


and This Little One...


The real dream is this life I am living with my family and trying to follow my Lord and Savior Jesus. All the ups and downs are worth it when I am met with those beautiful smiles and hear that "I love you Mom" or watch Scott rub his sister's hair while she's sleeping on the couch, or hear Anna console Baby Lizzie in the car by telling her "Don't cry Lizzie, we're not going to the doctor." I know that God is watching out for me and they are learning to love and care for each other and are turning out o.k. despite my shortcomings as a Mom. I love them so much! Thank you Lord for this amazing family!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jess! I was sitting here, and all of a sudden, I realized that today was your day! 2 days in a row to celebrate you!! I am happy to hear of Chris' new relocation. That sounds like a nice change for you guys, and I hope you all are able to adjust well. I love it too when we are able to have lunch with Chad as a family. We haven't been able to do that since Gabe started preschool this year. He has it from 12:30-2:30, so we have to leave the house by 12, and that is when Chad would've normally came home for lunch.

    Sorry for the tangent...I just was thinking of you, and I wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I actually came across a few drill team photos from our Senior year. If I find the time to scan them in, I will. They were fun to look at! Love you, and I hope we can find some time to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those cutie pies! I could just eat them up!!!! Anna looks all too please with her princess self! lol!

    I am glad I got to see you on your birthday! Sorry I haven't been feeling well. :( I hope you guys haven't started feeling bad. I would feel just awful if you did!

    Anways, I will talk to you tomorrow I am sure!! Big hugs!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Sis! It was nice to see you too! And don't worry about not feeling well, so far we all seem to be fine! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete