Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter

I want to thank Sarah for posting the Easter recipe. We did it this evening and it was pretty neat. The kids were excited about sealing up the oven with tape. We did that and talked about how Jesus' tomb was sealed shut with a rock.

Scott said right away, "But it got moved. And the girl went to check on Jesus' and the tomb was empty!" It is so exciting and wonderful to hear your kids tell you something they actually know about the Lord. I can't ever tell for sure if he's paying attention when we're reading our Bible to him, or reading his Bible stories at bedtime. It's so reassuring to know that he is at least some of the time.

At the end we went ahead and talked about the Resurrection and Jesus' being in heaven waiting to come back. I told them that one day, when God's ready, and we're ready we could go be with Him in heaven forever also. I have found that I have to be careful how I say things like this though. Scott has gotten kind of upset a couple of times about how he would miss all of his toys and his room and he would be sad if he couldn't play with them anymore! Tonight I made it all so much more upbeat and like it would be in the distant future. And made sure to add the disclaimer to everything that God would be sure we were ready too. Anna was so excited that one day we could go to "Heaven's House." I love little children! The say the sweetest things.

The kids were fine at first about leaving the cookies in until morning. I explained how Jesus' followers were sad when He died and was placed in the tomb because they didn't understand what would happen. But it turned out o.k. because they got to see Him again soon. Scott and Anna seemed to get this were fine. Until I told them it was now time to go up to bed. Scott started crying on the way up because he thought we were going to have cookies tonight! I explained it all to him again and he seemed more upbeat about it. He is how hoping the oven timer will go off so early in the morning that it will wake him up. I didn't even bother explaining that I did not set the timer.

I am excited to finish up the project in the morning. I think it was a very fun way to teach a lesson. Thanks again, Sarah, for the idea!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment