Friday, March 20, 2009

A cause for concern

I am quite shocked about the death of actress Natasha Richardson. It is not because she is a famous actress that I am upset. I believe strongly that no one life is more precious than another, as we are all created special by God, in His image. But, as a wife and mother, I know she will be sorely missed. Sadly, it seems that her death may have been prevented.

As a mother of small children, I have seen my share of bumps on the head, and thankfully, none have been serious at all. But there is always that mother's paranoia that something may be worse than it seems. I am now even more paranoid. If an adult can assess their own health and determine they are fine, how are we as parents to be sure we are accurately assessing our child's health? Especially when they are too small themselves to describe how they are feeling?

Scott has always worn a helmet when riding his bike outside and I will definitely be getting Anna her first helmet this spring. I hope that maybe some good will come of this sad situation as we are all reminded of the need to be safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment